Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Great deal! woot.com



I've been on woot.com now for over 4 years. I've bought some really great items off of there, but currently have found their stuff to be kind of lacking. If you don't know what woot.com is, you should! It is the original "deal a day" site where there is one deal posted each day at midnight (central time) and that deal is posted for 24 hours, or until the companies stock is out, but you have no idea how many they have. Its great fun and I've had great success with my purchases from woot. They even have a wine section where you can get wonderful wines at a discount. There is great care taken, all white wines sent in the summer is sent with dry ice so that it doesn't spoil. Who else thinks of things like that?

Woot always has shipping of $5. No matter what you buy... the shipping is $5. I bought a pair of noise canceling headphones and they were tiny, and they shipping was still $5. However, Joe and I bought our electric mower off of woot, and the shipping only cost us $5.

My most recent purchase is today's woot, the Sony Pocket ereader. I couldn't pass it up. I have a full sized reader that I got about a year back that I really enjoy. Actually, I just bought a book two days ago and was looking at these pocket readers seeing that they were on sale on the Sony site for $149 and thinking that was a decent price for them. To be able to carry 500 books in your pocket or a medium purse, that is a great thing to have. Once I'm in court just sitting there waiting for things to be called, this thing is going to be a life saver. The price of $149 was too much for me to just jump on it in the store though... and I passed. I was surprised to see it pop up on woot last night at midnight though, for a great price of only $109! Now that is a deal I can jump on, so I did. I'm sure I'll find a deserving friend of family member that I can think of that is someone who enjoys reading and would like one of these. It really is a great price.

So, if you're reading this and it's still Tuesday... hop on over to woot.com and maybe they will still be there at their unbeatable price! There are plenty of great reviews and words of wisdom from people included on the site as well.

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment