Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hockey


Tonight I went with Joe to watch him play league hockey. If you know me, you know I don't do "cold" things, but Joe enjoys it so I like to support him when I can. He did really well and though they didn't win (didn't lose either, tied! 3-3) Joe did really well and hustled the entire game, and even scored a goal!

I'm starting to learn more about hockey as I watch more games. Like now, when they go off and have to restart in the little side circles, if it goes off into the other side and hits the baseboards, they have to do it over again. I also know now what a "poke check" is (and that Joe is good at them) and I know that you're supposed to keep your stick on the ice all the time and having it up is a bad habit. I guess its like riding a horse with your hands crooked, a bad habit to get into.

All in all it was a good time, even though no one else was there to watch... it was a 9pm game (though it didn't get started until after 9:30!) I took a bunch of photos which kept me busy. It helped me learn more about the game. I guess if Joe can sit through me riding the horse at the barn all these times I can sit through a few hockey games here and there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment